Product Code: 7
This kit of parts is designed to get you started with electronics. It is a useful general purpose starter kit but was originally designed to accompany the book Hacking Electronics: An Illustrated DIY Guide for Makers and Hobbyists by Simon Monk.
The kit provides you with a wide range of components, solderless breadboard, jumper wires and a digital mutimeter to get you started on your Electronics adventure. The kit includes the following components, all carefully selected and with leads attached for easy connection to solderless breadboard.
- 400 Point Solderless Breadboard
- 10 x Jumper wires male to male
- Digital Multimeter
- 5 x Resistor 220Ω
- 2 x Resistor 470Ω
- 2 x Resistor 1k
- 2 x Resistor 10k
- 2 x Resistor 470k
- 10k trimpot
- 100 nF capacitor
- 1µF 16V capacitor
- 10 µF 16 V capacitor
- 100 µF 16V capacitor
- FQP30N06 Power MOSFET transistor
- 2 x 1N4001 diode
- 3 x 2N3904 transistor Photoresistor
- 3 x LED blue 3 x LED green 5mm
- 3 x LED yellow 5mm
- 5 x LED red 5mm
- 2 x LED white
- RGB LED 10mm diffuse
- 555 Timer IC
- Slide switch
- DC motor 6V
- 2 x Push switch 2 pin
- AA battery holder (4 cell)
1. Take the solderless breadboard and push the leads from one of the red LEDs and one of the 470Ω resistors (yellow, purple and brown stripes) as shown below. The long LED lead (+) should be towards the top of the breadboard.
2. Put 4 AA batteries (not included) into the battery holder and push the wire ends of the battery leads into the breadboard as shown below.
Hey Presto! The LED will light up.
If you are completely new to electronics then you should buy a copy of Hacking Electronics to help you get started.
Other good beginner books on electronics are: