Product Code: 49
Build your own Robot Rover for Raspberry Pi – just add Raspberry Pi and batteries.
The kit includes:
- RasPiRobot Board v3
- Raspberry Squid
- Raspberry Squid Button
- Range Finder
- Wifi USB Adapter
- Car Chassis
- 2 Gear Motors
- 2 Wheels
- 2 Screwdrivers
- 6AA Battery Box (Batteries not included)
- All Necessary Screws And Nuts (plus some extra bits!)
- Booklet of instructions and projects
The kit uses the RRB3 library that you can download from here.
You will find all the code for the example projects GitHub here.
The booklet of instructions includes the following activities:
- Blinking an LED on the RasPiRobot Board
- Using the RGB Squid LED including Cheerlights on Twitter
- Using a Squid Button
- Measuring distance with the ultrasonic rangefinder
- Detecting movement with the ultrasonic rangefinder
- Remote control rover
- Autonomous rover
The kit includes a full instruction booklet to show you how to make your roving robot, but the following video gives you an idea of what’s involved in building the rover.
Because the Raspberry Pi is attached to the robot and not your keyboard and monitor, you will need to setup your Raspberry Pi so that you can connect to it remotely from another computer using SSH. The following guide will show you how to do that.
The kit uses the rrb3 library and if you take a look in the examples folder there, you will find other programs to explore with your rover.
This kit uses the RasPiRobot Board V3 motor controller for the Raspberry Pi which is also available separately.