Product Code: 52
Use your Raspberry Pi to take control of this string puppet. The booklet includes project for:
- Keyboard control of the puppet
- Recording stop-frame puppet movements to play back and make the puppet move
- Make the puppet wave when it detects movement
The kit includes everything you need to make the puppet apart from a Raspberry Pi, AA batteries, scissors and a screwdriver. It includes a full step-by-step instruction booklet.
The kit includes the following parts:
- Plywood chassis
- MonkMakes Servo Six Board (in anti-static bag)
- Battery box for 4 x AA Batteries (batteries not included)
- PIR movement detector (in anti-static bag)
- 4 x 9g micro servomotors
- Raspberry Leaf GPIO template for Raspberry Pi
- 10 x female to female jumper wires
- Strip of 4 self-adhesive feet
- 4 x wooden servomotor arm extensions
- 7 x nut, bolt and wooden spacer sets
- 6 x self-adhesive pads
- Puppet (note: color of clothes will vary)
- 20 Page Instruction Book a step-by-step guide to your kit
Here is a video that we made of the Monk Makes resident puppet (Pepe) being taught to move using the animate.py program.
Here is the Puppet in action at Preston Raspberry Jam.
We would love to hear and see what you have done with your puppet, so please let us know, either by Tweeting us @monkmakes.com or emailing Linda at email@example.com.
The Puppet kit uses a MonkMakes ServoSix board to control the motors. The MonkMakes Servo Kit includes a ServoSIx and a couple of servos.